5 Mistakes Bankruptcy Clients Make In Picking A Cleveland Bankruptcy Attorney
Cleveland Bankruptcy Attorney discusses 5 Mistakes Bankruptcy Clients Make In Picking A Bankruptcy Attorney
There are many common bankruptcy client mistakes…
- Selecting a Cleveland bankruptcy attorney who does not have the appropriate level of familiarity with bankruptcy, debt settlement, mortgage foreclosure, divorce, debilitating injuries and vehicle titling. Although bankruptcy should be the main focus of your lawyer, related areas are not unimportant in deciding what course to take.
- Deciding on an attorney because they have rock-bottom prices. It should send up a red flag if an attorney is willing to take your case substantially below the average charge for your matter. It may be an indication of a lack of experience. And a lack of experience could cost you much more in the long run.
- Opting for a “bankruptcy mill” that provides only basic, uniform representation for all their many, many clients. Each bankruptcy case is unique and should be handled with the care and attention it deserves.
- Choosing an attorney who does not handle cases under all Chapters of the Bankruptcy Code. Some attorneys limit their bankruptcy practice to Chapter 7 liquidations and are not comfortable handling more complex bankruptcy matters.
- Going with an attorney merely because he or she is close to home. This is a serious decision in your life and you should consider downtown attorneys with ready access to the courthouses and the Trustee offices.